Sunday 21 June 2015

One Layer Christmas- Take One


Glitter close-up! 

I often look at lots of different challenges and let them meld together in my head for a while until they come together in a project. But sometimes I just go off track!

When I started making this card I believed it was for One Layer Christmas Card Challenge with a theme of trees or branches; and that I was combining it with a challenge where the colour theme was 'neutrals'. Well.....

Name dropping coming up..... I was in a trendy (or soon to be !) London bar with my glamourous stamping friends Sandie and Nonni and mentioned this card and they pointed out to me that the theme at OLCCC is actually - green! It appears I went off track because I think I was going to combine the OLCCC green challenge with 'trees' at Shopping Our Stash and then got sidetracked.  And when I got home and checked, I discovered that the neutrals themed challenge was actually for birthday cards!!!

Well, as Nonni pointed out. I can enter my card at OLCCC anyway as the theme is optional, but I had another go at the theme, which I will post separately.

So....all the stamps here (except for the sentiment at the bottom) are from a Stampin Up set, and there is loads of glitter on this card.

Finally, I am entering:

Shopping Our Stash - out on a limb
Glory of Christmas  snow
Christmas Cards All Year Round  snowman
One Layer Christmas Card Challenge one layer card

8 comments:

chrissie said...

Such a great card and all one layers--love it.

Chrissie xx

Anet's Crafting said...

Your Christmas card is beautiful Marina. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round. We would love to see you again … Anet DTx

Kim M said...

Love this Marina! Such a wonderful scene. Love the added glitter. Happy to see you over at OLCCC again! :-)

Shauna said...

Aww... this scene is beautiful! I love those trees and the touch of glitter is perfect.
- Shauna

Nonni said...

This is great, Marina! I'm so glad you entered OLCC. The stamp set is super cute and I love the coloring and sparkle!

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for the Glory of Christmas 60 and CCAYR June challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DTs - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for June - I'd love to see it there too. x

Donna said...

Gorgeous one layer Christmas card Marina! Thanks so much for playing along with the crew at Shopping Our Stash this week for our "Out on a Limb" challenge!!

Susan Joyce said...

Lovely Christmas card Marina. Thanks for joining us at OLCCC this challenge.