Sunday 1 March 2015

All That Jazz



I had this frame, which I got for £1.50 from a charity shop, and I wanted to make a picture to go in it. I was inspired by Time Out's challenge - Rock Around The Clock .

Here it is without the frame:


The base of the picture was made digitally, using elements from two graphics sets from Lettering Delights, and the clock from a Samantha Walker digi set. I digitally added patterns - the music paper, the pattern on the drums and on the clothes of the man on the right. Then I cut elements out using both the Silhouette and hand cutting and used 3d foam tape for dimension. A final inking and then mounted onto some plain card and into the frame.

As well as Time Out, I'd like to enter:
Eclectic Ellapu  anything goes
Through the Purple Haze  anything goes
Sweet Stamps anything but a card 

6 comments:

chrissie said...

Just right for the frame Marina it all goes so well together

Love Chrissie xx

Unknown said...

Super idea. Thanks for sharing it with us at TTPH this time.
hugs
Dawn DT xx

Shona Chambers said...

Oh My Goodness, this is awesome!!!! It looks so professional and the images are perfect for our challenge. I really like the way you used the different patterns too, especially the music across the floor. It really is an incredible project and I can imagine it looks even better on your wall! I'm so glad you shared this with us at TIME OUT and hope you can come back again soon!

sandie said...

Oh Marina this is fabulous and making it into a picture is the perfect idea and I bet I know who this is for! So mich detail here, the city scale is the perfect backdrop and the music paper as the ground an inspired idea. So pleased you joined us at Time Out x

Pia S said...

Such a fun scene! Seems to be a piece that has required a lot of work but it turned out fantastic, so all worth the effort!

Carol said...

Thanks for joining the pink team at EE this month with your wonderful project. Carol DT x