Saturday 1 June 2013

The Jewel in The Crown

I was lucky enough to win some Crafty Individuals goodies from Craft-Room Challenge , and they arrived yesterday.  Included is a set of Indian-style stamps (used for the background here) and I immediately remembered the Out of a Hat Creations challenge, Jewel in the Crown.

I inked directly onto chipboard ( I love the grungy effect you get on the grey chipboard) , using Distress inks in Mustard Seed. I stamped the Indian stamps in mustard and marmalade and spritzed with Glimmer Mist in Sunflower. The purple ink is Brilliance. I stamped the elephant (Paper Perfection) and paper-pieced the blanket, adding Distress Stickles.

As well as Out of a Hat, I'd like to enter this for:
Songbird Challenges All Creatures Great and Small
Fashionable Stamping Challenges Alter It

6 comments:

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi M...wow, such an eye-catching piece! I love the grungy effect too, and the purple really pops against it! Thankyou for joining in the fun at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight.
Dot x

Sandra's Spot said...

Fabulous work Marina, love te elephant and the colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at OOAH. Hugs Sandra X

Von said...

Owwww I do like your elephant very regale :)
Von ☺

Janet said...

Wow Fab jewel in the crown, love the elephant
Thanks for joining us at OOAH
Janet x

Pia S said...

I love the Indian look of your stamps and paper pieced blanket. It's a non traditional shape that's just perfect for the theme of your card! Nice work with the inking and spraying too!

DeadUntilDark said...

I love the work on this card, very beautiful!

Thank you for joining us in the Songbird Challenge Blog.

Hugs Linda