Sunday 29 July 2012

Go Surfin'

I'm lucky enough to have lots of men in the family to make cards for, so I thought I'd take part in the CD Sunday challenge 'Mainly Men'.

I was browsing my new Docrafts Tulip and Friends CD and came across these images which I thought would be ideal. Then I remembered that somewhere I had a decoupage sheet from a goody bag and, when I found it, realised I had the image already there! So, the background paper and sentiment were printed from the CD but the three layer decoupage was from the pre-printed sheet. It's nice to know that, if I want to do the same decoupage again, I can just print it from the CD.

I generously inked the papers with distress inks and I like the effect that has given.

13 comments:

sue-b said...

Hi Marina, first off the blocks this week and with a fabulous card. I love this cd with it's quirky little characters. great layout and i like the look of the paper with the distress inks, thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
sue-b x
CD Sunday DT

starcyl said...

I have this cd Marina and yes it's a good one for the men and not the usual fishing and cars, I do like the way you have inked the edges it isn't too heavy.

I know a few men who would like this card so thank for the idea and for joining us again at CD Sunday.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

G Peplow said...

Fabulous card, I really struggle with cards for men, so am doubly impressed, Gay xxx

Carol said...

A great card and so different.
Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
Carol
CD Sunday DT

Michelle J M said...

This is fabulous Marina. I used to surf as a youngster so this image appeals to me. I have it in the rubber stamp but havent used it yet! Michelle x

Beryl said...

Great image and card Marina. Reminds me of the seventies somehow.lol
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Cazro said...

A lovely card, with a super image. Thanks for sharing with us this week at CD Sunday challenges. Caz

Seafield Jo said...

This is a lovely card, the inking round the edges looks great.

I have this cd and don't use it nearly enough.

Jo :)

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A super card, I've not got this CD but have seen several cards made with it lately, and think I might have to invest.

Sue x

Christine said...

Super card Marina, like the image, something different. I haven't this CD but I do have some of the Tulip papers. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Christine x
CD Sunday DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card

Margaret

Jocelyn said...

Great card. Love the image you have chosen to use.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Purple Crazy said...

Fab card, takes me back to my surfing days, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday, X